Maintain professional relationship with patient, caregivers, and colleagues.
DefinitionMaintaining a professional relationship with patient, caregivers, and colleagues should include
- providing exemplary customer service
- exhibiting positive and professional verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- acting as a responsible team member
- adhering to legal and ethical principles at all times.
- What is the role of nonverbal communication in maintaining professionalism?
- How does the professionalism of the medical assistant influence patient care?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.