Differentiate between an electronic medical record (EMR) system and a practice management software (PMS).
DefinitionDifferentiation should include
- analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of EMR
- explaining the importance of data back-up
- explaining the purpose of routine maintenance of administrative and clinical equipment
- listing steps involved in completing an inventory
- explaining the importance of Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS)
- identifying trends in data storage (i.e., Cloud Storage).
- What is the presidential executive order that led to the implementation of EMR systems across the nation?
- What are several reasons patients are hesitant in accepting EMR?
- What is the role of the medical assistant with regard to the changing technology in healthcare facilities and organizations?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts including employment documents and technical writing.
- Apply information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and correctly interpret an application for employment, workplace documents, or an application for college admission.
- Analyze technical writing for clarity.
- Paraphrase and synthesize ideas within and between texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Analyze false premises, claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, sarcasm, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical thinking questions about the text(s).