CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant I Task 406940308
Demonstrate professional communication skills with patients, vendors, colleagues, and other agencies.
Demonstration should include
Additionally, demonstration should reflect an understanding of how to adapt word choice, tone, and syntax to a variety of audiences.
- identifying types of verbal communication
- identifying types of nonverbal communication
- recognizing barriers to communication
- identifying techniques for overcoming communication barriers
- recognizing the elements of oral communication using a sender-receiver process.
- What is the difference between social and therapeutic communication?
- What is the difference between verbal and nonverbal communication?
- What communication skills and strategies are important in the healthcare field?
- What barriers to communication sometimes occur in the healthcare field?
- What are the elements of effective communication?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events