Assist patient in dressing.
Assistance should include
- maintaining privacy in the examination room
- providing assistance as necessary, especially for the elderly, the disabled, and children.
- Why should the medical assistant be careful to avoid overexposure of the patient in the examination room?
- What considerations are important when providing dressing assistance to patients with physical limitations and/or disabilities?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.