Identify the importance of CDC and OSHA guidelines.
DefinitionIdentification should include the importance of CDC and OSHA guidelines in
- developing and enforcing safety policies
- containing infectious diseases
- ensuring a safe working environment.
- How do the roles of the CDC and OSHA differ with regard to infection control?
- What type of information is reported to the CDC?
- How does OSHA contribute to a safe work environment?
- What penalties might occur if CDC and OSHA guidelines are not followed?
- What are the implications of workers' compensation?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand economic systems by
- identifying the basic economic questions encountered by all economic systems;
- comparing the characteristics of traditional, free market, command, and mixed economies, as described by Adam Smith and Karl Marx; and
- evaluating the impact of the government’s role in the economy on individual economic freedoms.