CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant I Task 2006338441
Maintain supply inventory and ordering system.
Maintenance of the supply inventory and ordering system should include
- keeping a list of consumables
- keeping a list of vendors
- keeping a list of the quantity typically ordered
- keeping a list of costs
- demonstrating how to replenish consumables as needed
- rotating supplies (e.g., syringes, needles, tubes, medications, and bandages), in accordance with office/facility policy
- disposing of outdated inventory, (including supplies, equipment, and medications) according to facility policy and procedures and OSHA requirements.
- What might be included in a list of consumables?
- How are supplies ordered?
- What happens if supplies are not available as needed?
- Why is it important to note the dates on supplies?
- What medical supplies tend to go out of date quickly? What supplies tend to last longer? Why?
- How can storage conditions sometimes affect the shelf life of a product?
- What can be the consequences of using expired medical supplies?
- What is the procedure to check for expiration dates?
- Why should outdated inventory be discarded?
- How should it be discarded?