CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant I Task 2006338437
Maintain upkeep of instruments.
Maintenance should include use of autoclave and
- providing a sterile field
- applying correct techniques for sterilization
- using the equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines
- wrapping, identifying, and storing autoclave supplies.
- How do sterilization methods differ according to the type of equipment or materials to be sterilized? Why are they different?
- What are the quality control methods to maintain and assure sterility?
- What steps are needed to prepare items or equipment to be sterilized? Why is each step important?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Professions Events