CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant I Task 2006338431
Perform basic and body-system-specific diagnostic tests.
Performing basic and body-system-specific diagnostic tests should include the following steps:
- Identifying diagnostic/screening tests
- Identifying reasons diagnostic tests are ordered
- Instructing and preparing a patient for a procedure or treatment
- Practicing body system diagnostic testing (e.g., electrocardiogram (EKG), vision, hearing, pregnancy, cultures, and spirometry tests)
- Documenting the tests, results, and patient education that is performed
- What role do basic and body-system-specific tests play in determining diagnosis?
- What is the difference between an invasive and a non-invasive test? Under what circumstances might each be performed?
- What precautions to ensure infection control should be taken when performing non-invasive and invasive diagnostic tests?
- What information must be communicated to patients regarding testing procedures? Why?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Professions Events