Place patient in prescribed position.
DefinitionPlacement of patient in prescribed position should include
- adjusting the examination table
- assisting the patient as needed
- providing pillows/supportive devices
- selecting and placing pillows for comfort, safety, and optimal body alignment.
- What are commonly prescribed positions for patients?
- What are the procedures for placing patients in commonly prescribed positions?
- What are procedures for positioning patients with special needs?
- What criteria are used to determine which position to use for a given procedure?
- Besides pillows, what supportive devices are commonly used in the examination room?
- Why is the placement of pillows/supportive devices important?
- How should pillows/supportive devices be placed for optimum patient comfort, safety, and alignment?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.