CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant I Task 2006338413
Prepare the treatment room for examination.
Preparation should include
- examining the room for correct arrangement
- disposing of used consumables
- straightening the room for the next patient (e.g., adjusting light location, arranging furniture, ensuring clean sink and other surfaces)
- supplying fresh linens and paper supplies
- a table roll
- clean gowns
- paper wipes
- protective underpads
- What should the patient expect to see when entering the examination room? Why?
- How does providing cleanliness and correct room arrangement assist with patient safety and with efficiency?
- What instruments and consumables are needed for procedures such as an initial physical examination, a diagnostic test for strep throat, an ear lavage, a pap smear?
- Why is it important to have all necessary instruments organized in the examination room prior to patient arrival?
- What is the relationship between fresh linen/paper supplies and infection control?
- How should the medical assistant dispose of used linens and paper supplies? Why?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events