Identify quality assurance practices in health care.
DefinitionIdentification should include performing equipment quality controls as per manufacturer guidelines and procedures, per OSHA requirements.
- What procedure would be used to document quality controls for various pieces of equipment?
- Why are quality controls important? What can they indicate?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts including employment documents and technical writing.
- Apply information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and correctly interpret an application for employment, workplace documents, or an application for college admission.
- Analyze technical writing for clarity.
- Paraphrase and synthesize ideas within and between texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Analyze false premises, claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, sarcasm, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical thinking questions about the text(s).
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand economic systems by
- identifying the basic economic questions encountered by all economic systems;
- comparing the characteristics of traditional, free market, command, and mixed economies, as described by Adam Smith and Karl Marx; and
- evaluating the impact of the government’s role in the economy on individual economic freedoms.