Demonstrate comprehension of basic structure and function of each body system across the lifespan.
DefinitionDemonstration should include naming each body system, along with the basic parts and purpose of each. Systems should include the following:
- Lymphatic and immune
- Why is it important for a medical assistant to know the basic systems of the human body?
- How do the body systems work together?
- What is the function of each body system?
- What is the function of major organs in each system?
- What is the name for the physician who specializes in each of the systems?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.