CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant I Task 1688248530
File medical correspondence.
Filing of medical correspondence should include
Filing should also include a description of various practices used in medical offices. These include
- letters from other doctors
- diagnostic testing
- other documents.
- using a scanner
- retrieving digital reports
- converting reports to hard-copy and digital (e.g., computed tomography [CT] scan, magnetic resonance imaging [MRI], diagnostic tests)
- following the hierarchy of evidence.
- What types of filing systems are commonly used for medical correspondence? How are they similar and different?
- What are the methods for removing and replacing a patient file?
- What is an out guide? How is it used?
- What is the importance of maintaining accuracy in filing documents?
- How can confidentiality of medical correspondence be ensured?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Professions Events