Identify signs and symptoms of common disorders for each body system.
DefinitionIdentification should include listing basic signs and symptoms of pathological conditions for each of the following systems:
- Lymphatic and immune
- Why is it important for a medical assistant to be able to recognize basic signs and symptoms of common medical disorders?
- How do medical professionals assess for common medical disorders?
- What clinical procedures are used to treat these disorders?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts including employment documents and technical writing.
- Apply information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and correctly interpret an application for employment, workplace documents, or an application for college admission.
- Analyze technical writing for clarity.
- Paraphrase and synthesize ideas within and between texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Analyze false premises, claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, sarcasm, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical thinking questions about the text(s).
The student will analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and organize information from a variety of credible resources to produce a research product.
- Critically evaluate quality, accuracy, and validity of information.
- Make sense of information gathered from diverse sources by identifying misconceptions, main and supporting ideas, conflicting information, point of view or bias.
- Synthesize relevant information from primary and secondary sources and present it in a logical sequence.
- Cite sources for both quoted and paraphrased ideas using a standard method of documentation, such as that of the Modern Language Association (MLA) or the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Define the meaning and consequences of plagiarism and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.