Demonstrate body substance isolation and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for protection from exposure to communicable or infectious diseases.
Demonstration should include the assessment and management of
- patients who may have an infectious disease
- decontamination of ambulance and equipment after patient treatment
- legal requirements regarding the exposure of a healthcare provider.
- What is the minimum standard of personal protection when treating a patient?
- What are the decontamination protocols for an ambulance and equipment after treating a patient?
- How does one appropriately use and dispose of PPE after a potential infectious disease exposure?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the impact of the European Age of Exploration by
- explaining the political and economic goals of European exploration and colonization;
- describing the geographic expansion into Africa, Asia, and the Americas;
- comparing and contrasting the social and cultural influences of European settlement on Africa, Asia, and the Americas;
- analyzing how competition for colonies changed the economic system of Europe; and
- defining and describing how the Scientific Revolution led to social and technological changes that influenced the European view of the world.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.