Demonstrate the assessment and management of patients with hypersensitivity disorders or emergencies.
Demonstration should include the anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, assessment, and management of the
- signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction or anaphylaxis, or both
- interrelationship between the patient with an allergic reaction and airway management
- mechanisms of allergic response and implications for airway management
- use of H2 blockers
- use of an epinephrine autoinjector
- use of bronchodilator.
- What is the best position/posture for a conscious patient suffering from an allergic reaction, to maximize the effectiveness of the airway and to help the patient relax?
- What are the five most common categories of allergens?
- How does an epinephrine injection help a patient who is suffering from anaphylaxis?