Demonstrate the assessment and management of patients experiencing neurological emergencies.
Demonstration should include the anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, assessment, and management of emergencies such as
- a decreased level of responsiveness
- a seizure
- status epilepticus
- a possible transient ischemic attack (TIA) (i.e., stroke)
- a severe headache.
- What are the steps in treating a patient with a loss of consciousness?
- What are the types of seizures and the treatments for each?
- What are the differences between a TIA and cerebrovascular accident (CVA)?