Participate in a supervised EMT clinical rotation.
Participation should consist of a minimum of 10 clinical or field patient contacts and include
- observation of emergency department operations for a period of time sufficient to gain an appreciation for the continuum of care
- at least five live clinical or field patient contacts in a hospital, clinic, nursing home, doctor's office, or with local EMS agencies
- no more than five clinical or field patient contacts via simulation
- How many live and simulated clinical experiences are necessary to meet state requirements?
- Where can clinical rotations be done?
- Where will one find local EMS agencies to join and further assist with supervised EMT clinical rotations?
- What skills are required to participate in supervised clinical rotations?
- When can one begin supervised clinical rotations?