Evaluate the role of the EMT in a mass-casualty situation due to terrorism or disaster.
DefinitionEvaluation should include the risks, standard operating procedures, and responsibilities of operating at the scene of a natural or man-made disaster.
- What is the role of an EMT during a mass-casualty situation?
- How can an EMT manage the risks associated with operating at the scene of a natural or man-made disaster?
- How can an EMT manage the responsibilities of operating at the scene of a natural or man-made disaster?
- What is the difference between a disaster and a mass-casualty incident?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand political and social conditions in the United States during the early twenty-first century by
- assessing the development of and changes in domestic policies, with emphasis on the impact of the role the United States Supreme Court played in defining a constitutional right to privacy, affirming equal rights, and upholding the rule of law;
- evaluating and explaining the changes in foreign policies and the role of the United States in a world confronted by international terrorism, with emphasis on the American response to 9/11 (September 11, 2001);
- evaluating the evolving and changing role of government, including its role in the American economy; and
- explaining scientific and technological changes and evaluating their impact on American culture
The student will apply social science skills to analyze the impact of globalization by
- identifying factors, including comparative advantage, that influence the distribution of economic activities and trade;
- describing ways that economic and social interactions change over time; and
- mapping, describing, and evaluating economic unions.
The student will apply social science skills to understand the global changes during the early twenty-first century by
- identifying contemporary political issues, with emphasis on migrations of refugees and others, ethnic/religious conflicts, and the impact of technology, including the role of social media and chemical and biological technologies;
- assessing the link between economic and political freedom;
- describing economic interdependence, including the rise of multinational corporations, international organizations, and trade agreements; and
- analyzing the increasing impact of terrorism.