Differentiate between seclusion and time-out.
DefinitionDifferentiation should include
- definition of seclusion
- definition of time-out
- behavior where seclusion and time-out might be used.
- What is involved in an unlocked time-out?
- Why might a patient need a locked time-out?
- What is the purpose of a seclusion room?
- When are these techniques used?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.