Explain effective responses to assaultive behaviors.
DefinitionExplanation should include use of seclusion and restraints and other effective responses to assaultive behavior.
- What events that are under the control of the staff might reduce the possibility of assaultive behavior?
- Under what circumstances might restraints or seclusion be used?
- What is the MHT's role while a patient is in seclusion or restraints?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.