Explain the assault cycle.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- stages of the assault cycle
- appropriate response for the MHT during each stage of the assault cycle.
- What comprises assaultive behavior?
- How can "processing" decrease a patient’s anger?
- During the escalation phase, what behavior might the patient exhibit?
- How might the mental healthcare team respond to a patient in the crisis phase?
- During what phase does the patient regain complete emotional control?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.