CTE Resource Center - Verso - Mental Health Assisting Careers Task 144308018
Provide physical and emotional care in accordance with the patient’s individual treatment plan.
Provision should include
- monitoring activities of daily living (ADL) (e.g., changes in personal care)
- assisting with ADL
- facilitating interactions with other patients and staff
- facilitating interactions with visitors, including family members.
- How might a MHT address a patient's neglect of personal hygiene?
- Why is it important for a patient to take as much responsibility as possible for his/her own ADLs?
- Many drugs and decreased mobility may decrease bowel motility. What methods might be used to encourage regularity?
- How might the MHT facilitate patient interactions with patients, staff, and his/her family members?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Behavioral Health
Health Professions Events