Observe patient progress.
DefinitionObservation should include reporting and
- physical illness
- neurological check
- vital signs
- response to medication
- normal vs. abnormal behaviors.
- How are vital signs typically documented in mental healthcare facilities?
- What are some common reactions to medications that would need to be reported?
- Why is a neurological check performed?
- What patient behaviors need to be reported immediately?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will write in a variety of forms to include persuasive/argumentative reflective, interpretive, and analytic with an emphasis on persuasion/argumentation.
- Apply components of a recursive writing process for multiple purposes to create a focused, organized, and coherent piece of writing to address a specific audience and purpose.
- Produce arguments in writing that develop a thesis to demonstrate knowledgeable judgments, address counterclaims, and provide effective conclusions.
- Use a variety of rhetorical strategies to clarify and defend a position organizing claims, counterclaims, and evidence in a sustained and logical sequence.
- Blend multiple forms of writing including embedding a narrative to produce effective essays.
- Adapt evidence, vocabulary, voice, and tone to audience, purpose, and situation.
- Use words, phrases, clauses, and varied syntax to connect all parts of the argument creating cohesion from the information presented.
- Revise writing for clarity of content, depth of information, and technique of presentation.
- Write and revise to a standard acceptable both in the workplace and in postsecondary education.
- Write to clearly describe personal qualifications for potential occupational or educational opportunities.