Explain the role of the MHT in the delivery of care and treatment of various types of mental illness.
DefinitionExplanation should include general care provided by the MHT for in-patient and for out-patient care for
- psychotic disorders
- anxiety disorders
- affective disorders
- personality disorders
- eating disorders
- substance abuse
- developmental anomalies and disorders
- conditions associated with confusion and dementia.
- How can the MHT encourage the patient to make healthy choices?
- Where would the MHT locate information about his/her responsibilities in the delivery of care to the patient?
- How would the patient’s diagnosis of mental illness impact the type of care required by the patient?
- What types of care would be provided for the major mental illness disorders?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.