Identify conditions associated with confusion and dementia.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- Alzheimer’s disease and other causes of dementia
- signs and symptoms.
- What are the stages of Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease?
- What is Sundowner's syndrome?
- How should the MHT respond to a confused patient?
- What are some treatable causes of dementia?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.