Identify major types of substance abuse.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- descriptions of types of chemical and substance abuse
- signs and symptoms.
- What are signs of alcohol abuse?
- What are typical signs and symptoms of alcohol withdrawal?
- What are the duties of the MHT when caring for a patient during withdrawal?
- What other substances are frequently abused?
- What are the duties of the MHT following withdrawal?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.