Identify major types of affective disorders.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- descriptions of major affective disorders
- signs and symptoms.
- What behaviors are typically associated with the two phases of bipolar disorder?
- How does depression affect body, mood, and thought functioning?
- What are the signs of major depression?
- What care and treatment is provided to patients with affective disorders?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.