Explain the development of personality.
DefinitionExplanation should include the following psychological theories:
- Maslow's hierarchy of human needs
- Erikson's stages of psychosocial development
- Freud's theory of personality development
- Piaget's theory of cognitive development
- How does Maslow's hierarchy of human needs relate to personality development?
- How do unmet needs impact personality development?
- What are the distinguishing characteristics of Erikson's eight stages of development in terms of the development of personality?
- What are Freud's three levels of awareness?
- What are Freud's descriptions of id, ego, and superego, and how are they involved in personality development?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.