Differentiate between mental health and mental illness.
DefinitionDifferentiation should include
- description of optimal mental health
- description of general term mental illness.
- How would you define mental health?
- How can stress impact mental health?
- What are some causes of mental illness?
- How would you describe the term mental illness?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.