Explain specific techniques for managing stress.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- impact of stress on the body
- techniques for managing stress
- healthy guidelines for reducing stress.
- How does stress affect the whole person—physically, psychologically, socially, and spiritually?
- How can prolonged or frequent exposure to stress threaten one’s health?
- What are ways to help your body deal with stress?
- How can meditation and relaxation techniques help manage stress?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.