Identify methods of conflict resolution.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- recognizing signs of escalating behaviors
- steps in conflict resolution
- problem-solving techniques
- maintaining a positive attitude.
- What are the steps in conflict resolution?
- What is involved in the problem-solving process?
- How can a positive attitude help prevent conflict?
- What methods can be used to prevent conflict before issues arise?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.