Facilitate interaction between patients and visitors.
DefinitionFacilitation should include
- avoidance of making assumptions and having expectations
- communication of milieu rules and expectations
- provision of privacy according to care plan.
- How can the MHT avoid ambiguity and communication discrepancies?
- How can the MHT improve communication among patients?
- How can the MHT improve communication among patients and their visitors?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.