Interpret the meaning of nonverbal behavior.
DefinitionInterpretation should include
- body language meanings
- observing for consistency in a specific nonverbal behavior
- clarifying the meaning of nonverbal behavior.
- How does proximity impact communication?
- What are the signs of suicidal ideation?
- How can silence be beneficial?
- What is selective observing?
- How can the MHT avoid misinterpretation of the nonverbal behavior?
- Why is it important for a MHT to develop skills in observing and interpreting nonverbal behavior?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.