Define various legal holds and when they might be used.
DefinitionDefinitions should include
- general laws regarding holds
- 48- or 72-hour hold
- 14-day hold
- temporary conservatorship.
- When might a legal hold be necessary?
- In what type of unit must a patient on a legal hold be placed?
- What types of legal holds exist in Virginia?
- What is a temporary conservatorship?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will apply knowledge of word origins, derivations, and figurative language to extend vocabulary development in authentic texts.
- Use structural analysis of roots, affixes, synonyms, and antonyms, to understand complex words.
- Use context, structure, and connotations to determine meanings of words and phrases.
- Discriminate between connotative and denotative meanings and interpret the connotation.
- Explain the meaning of common idioms, and literary and classical allusions in text.
- Extend general and cross-curricular vocabulary through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.