Discuss procedures for maintaining the safety of the patient during outings, social events, and other activities.
DefinitionDiscussion should include
- responsibilities of the healthcare team during such activities
- description of appropriate activities
- response to a patient elopement.
- What are the responsibilities of the MHT during a craft activity?
- What are the responsibilities of the MHT during a social outing?
- What types of activities would be deemed appropriate for a patient in an outpatient facility?
- What is an elopement? How should a mental healthcare worker respond to an elopement?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.