Explain the importance of hand hygiene and Standard Precautions.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- procedure for effective hand hygiene
- implementation procedures for adhering to Standard Precautions
- use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- What measures should be taken to prevent the transmission of disease in the mental healthcare facility?
- What is the most effective technique for preventing the transmission of infection?
- What types of personal protective equipment might be needed in mental health care facilities?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.