Explain legal policies affecting the MHT.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- information about the licensed personnel that are responsible for actions of the MHT
- legal implications of failure to follow policies.
- Which licensed mental health professionals can delegate actions to the MHT?
- What state healthcare governing bodies oversee the delivery of care by mental healthcare professionals?
- What types of legal actions might be taken against mental healthcare professionals who fail to meet their legal responsibilities?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.