Explain institutional policies and procedures that impact the assistant in mental health care.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- identification of policies and procedures common to many mental healthcare facilities that impact the MHT
- hierarchy of organizational responsibilities.
Curriculum requirements can be found at www.dhp.virginia.gov/Forms/nursing/EdProgram/NurseAide_Ed_Program_Curriculum.doc.
Requirements for certification by Virginia Board of Nursing. Regulations can be found at http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacodefull/title54.1/chapter30/article4.
- What are some common institutional policies that might impact the duties of the MHT?
- Why is it important to understand the facility's organizational structure with regard to legal responsibilities?
Related Standards of Learning
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Frame, analyze, and synthesize information to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze information gathered from diverse sources by identifying misconceptions, main and supporting ideas, conflicting information, point of view, or bias.
- Critically evaluate the accuracy, quality, and validity of the information.
- Cite sources for both quoted and paraphrased ideas using a standard method of documentation, such as that of the Modern Language Association (MLA) or the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Define the meaning and consequences of plagiarism and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.