Explain the qualifications needed for success as a mental healthcare professional.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- educational requirements
- certification and licensing requirements
- personal qualities
- membership in professional organizations.
- What are the educational and certification requirements of the members of the mental healthcare team?
- What personal qualities are required to be successful in the field of mental health?
- What nationally-recognized professional organizations are designed to meet the needs of members of the mental healthcare team?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.