Identify roles and limitations of assistive personnel in the mental healthcare field.
DefinitionIdentification should include activities that the mental health technician (MHT) can do independently and where the MHT can provide support in assisting in the delivery of care.
- What activities can be delegated to the MHT?
- What mental healthcare professionals oversee the duties of the MHT?
- What activities are limited to licensed healthcare professionals and are therefore not in the scope of activities that an MHT can do?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.