Differentiate among the types of mental health facilities.
DefinitionDifferentiation should include types of
- acute care settings
- long-term care settings
- settings for transitioning to mainstream society
- outpatient facilities.
- What are the differences between acute care and long-term care settings?
- What types of facilities provide care to help patients transition to mainstream society?
- What types of facilities provide outpatient mental healthcare services?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.