Describe the withdrawal and tapering side effects of opioid use.
Description should include
- characteristics of acute and protracted withdrawal from opioid dependence or addiction
- pain contracts or agreements.
- What are the stages of withdrawal in opioid abuse transition?
- What medications might be needed in the withdrawal stage?
- What information should be included in the pain management contract?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.