CTE Resource Center - Verso - Health Assisting Careers Task 133354741
Control external bleeding.
Control should include
- care for open wounds, including abrasions, lacerations, avulsions, and puncture wounds
- use of various types of bandages and compresses
- application of a pressure dressing
- care for a severed body part
- care for an embedded object
- care for a nosebleed
- care for a mouth, tooth, or lip injury.
- Why is it recommended to apply pressure to a wound?
- What measures other than pressure can be implemented to control bleeding?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Emergency Preparedness Events