Explain how to assist patient/client with eating and hydration.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- appealing environment (removal of urinal, bedpan, trash, etc.)
- serving and collecting diet trays
- setting up patient/client trays
- distributing nourishments
- distributing drinking water
- feeding patients/clients of all ages
- reporting compliance with stated meal plans.
Commonwealth of Virginia Regulations
Governing Certified Nurse Aides
Virginia Board of Nursing
- What circumstances require the patient/client to be fed?
- How do you determine the percentage of a meal the patient/client consumed?
- How do you determine the correct diet that the patient/client needs?
- How can the patient/client be encouraged to eat?
- What are the methods used to assist the patient/client with eating difficulties (e.g., difficulty in swallowing, chewing, nausea)?