Identify the food groups according to United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines.
DefinitionIdentification should include information found on the USDA website.
See also ChooseMyPlate.gov.
- What are the food groups identified by USDA guidelines?
- How can information found at the USDA website be used to assist a patient/client with maintaining good nutrition?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate nonfiction texts.
- Analyze text features and organizational patterns to evaluate the meaning of texts.
- Recognize an author’s intended audience and purpose for writing.
- Skim materials to develop an overview and locate information.
- Compare and contrast informational texts for intent and content.
- Interpret and use data and information in maps, charts, graphs, timelines, tables, and diagrams.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support as evidence.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze ideas within and between selections providing textual evidence.
- Summarize, paraphrase, and synthesize ideas, while maintaining meaning and a logical sequence of events, within and between texts.
- Use reading strategies throughout the reading process to monitor comprehension.