Assist patient/client in ambulation, including use of assistive devices.
DefinitionAssistance should include following guidelines and patient/client care plan for
- assisting patients/clients in safe ambulation using various equipment (e.g., walkers, canes, crutches)
- adjusting assistive devices
- implementing fall prevention guidelines.
Commonwealth of Virginia Regulations
Governing Certified Nurse Aides
Virginia Board of Nursing
- What factors may affect a patient’s/client’s ability to ambulate?
- If a patient’s/client’s left leg is injured, in which hand should he/she use the cane? Why?
- How can the health assistant determine the adjustments needed for assistive devices?