DefinitionPositioning should include turning patient and following guidelines and patient/client care plan for
- maintaining proper body alignment of patient/client
- positioning patient/client (e.g., supine, Fowlers, Semi-Fowlers, lateral, Sims', prone, logrolling).
Commonwealth of Virginia Regulations
Governing Certified Nurse Aides
Virginia Board of Nursing
- What safety precautions should the health assistant take when turning and positioning a patient/client?
- How would you describe the terms supine, Fowlers, Semi-Fowlers, lateral, Sims', prone, and logrolling?
- What assistive devices can be used when turning and positioning a patient/client?