Perform range-of-motion (ROM) exercises.
DefinitionPerformance should include following guidelines and patient/client care plan for
- describing how ROM is assessed
- explaining precautions needed when performing ROM exercises
- displaying active and passive techniques
- employing stretching techniques
- describing adaptive exercise or activity options for patient/client with disabilities.
Commonwealth of Virginia Regulations
Governing Certified Nurse Aides
Virginia Board of Nursing
- What are the benefits of stretching in a therapeutic setting?
- How can someone with limited mobility improve his/her ROM?
- What is the distinction among passive, active, and active-assist ROM?