Explain the importance of continuing education.
DefinitionExplanation should include the necessity of maintaining national certification, the importance of complying with changing local and state laws governing the practice of dentistry, and the 2014 DANB Salary Survey Results.
- Why is continuing education necessary to comply with local and state laws governing the practice of dentistry?
- How many hours of continuing education are required per year to maintain the DANB certification?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.